1st week program : from the laboratory…
The first week will be devoted to exploring the existing links between climate change, agricultural production and biotechnology.
Via practical and group work, students will understand the role of fundamental research in testing innovative solutions for agriculture. The aim is to provide students with a comprehensive toolbox that will allow them to carry out a needs analysis of modern agriculture.
This is achieved through an overview of the main challenges of French agriculture and the links between fundamental research and biotechnological solutions for agriculture.
Themes to be explored :
- Pollen in ambient hot temperatures and development consequences
- Tomato fruit composition impacted by climate changes
- Flood versus drought: respiration/transpiration in plants
- Mildew : how to fight without chemicals
- Pollen spreading : flying or living
- Color the life : fruit attractiveness